February 16, 2015

Praising The Crowler


So I picked up a 4 more crowler cans in Texas this weekend at Lonestar Taps and Caps and I have to say that this is THE FUTURE of growler fills. Period. They're just so convenient and practical. Basically, you pay $1 extra for the can, they fill it and cap it and presto... your beer is ready to hit the cooler or your fridge and stay fresh for I'd guess at least a few weeks. That's versus several days for the glass growlers (for me anyways, I don't like to go longer than that). And when you're done, recycle the can. No glass containers all over the place, no cleaning, no problem.

LOVE THIS SO MUCH.

I scored 32 oz of Ballast Point Even Keel, Cobra Dawn of the Dank, Peticolas Velvet Hammer and Rabbit Hole Dark Snark all for $31. That's $27 for the brew, $4 for the cans. Ka-boom!

Here's more with a video from Dry Dock Brewing Co.:

http://www.oskarblues.com/press/oskar-blues-brewery-now-filling-specialty-beer-crowlers-at-the-tasty-weasel-taproom/

"The Crowler™ is a one-use, recyclable 32-oz can that is filled and seamed right at the bar."


No comments:

Post a Comment