September 20, 2015

Beer Of The Week: Boulevard Funky Pumpkin

My pick for Beer of The Week this week is a beer which for all practical purposes I'd think we could get all over the place here in central Arkansas, but I'll be damned if I've found it here yet. I did however find some in Florida on a recent road trip and it blew me away. Here's the description on the Boulevard website:

Funky Pumpkin – Spiced Sour Ale
Slated for an early September release in six packs of 12 ounce bottles and on draft, Funky Pumpkin is our unique spin on a pumpkin beer. Spiced with nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice and ginger, the final beer is a blend of brewhouse soured beer and beer aged in a stainless steel tank with brettanomyces. Tart and slightly earthy, Funky Pumpkin features a subtle toffee/caramel malt character that allows pumpkin pie spices to shine.

ABV – 5.8% IBU – 28 

My thoughts? I found enough pumpkin pie spiciness to satisfy on that level with a really pleasant and some Brettanomyces bringin' the funk. It's got a dry finish I thought, making me instantly want another, which is something I rarely do with these "pumpkin style" beers. I'm a big fan of this one and want more. Soon.

And please save all your pumpkin beer hate. It falls on deaf ears here.

Rate Beer link
Beer Advocate link
Untappd link


No comments:

Post a Comment