July 10, 2014

A Quick Visit To Alpha Brewing

The wife and I visited one of my favorite cities, St Louis, over the 4th of July weekend to take in a couple of Cardinal's games and some local flavor. It was my first trip there in almost 5 years, after going up almost every Summer for at least a weekend series for a decade. A lot has changed, especially in their beer scene. It seems there are new breweries popping up all over, like a lot of American cities now. We hit a few, but it became pretty apparent I need to get back up there much more often and see some more.

First up was Alpha Brewing, a microbrewery and taproom downtown (1409 Washington Ave Rear). I had their Berlinerweisse, which they add raspberry syrup to. It sweetens up what is a nice, clean, tart easy drinker. Very nice. They tapped a cask of their Storter (malty, dark chocolate) with mustard seeds added, which was very interesting, and my wife had the Pacific Gem, a nice IPA made with an experimental New Zealand hop. I also brought home a bottle of their coffee beer, Kofe Karmel, which I'll be digging into soon.

All in all a pretty cool place. Nice set-up, good beer, nice people. Recommended. I hope to get to stay a bit longer on my next visit.

Here's a few pics:

Patio seating at Alpha Brewing

Tap wall, all house brews

A beautiful Berlinerweise

Sipsters are a club of their regular patrons

Cool artwork at Alpha Brewing
We'll definitely be back to Alpha Brewing

No comments:

Post a Comment