August 16, 2018

Brewery Visits for 2018 (so far)



So last year I made it out to 54 breweries in all and I figured that although I wasn't really shooting for that number in 2018, I'd probably be close to it again with all the road trips my wife and I do. So with the year over halfway over I took a look at how many I'd hit so far and of course I'm over halfway to that number, with 32 breweries visited so far. Some of these I've been to many times, some are new to me and several are ones I'd been wanting to get to for quite some time.

A few highlights:

I was fortunate enough to go to Sweetwater 420Fest in Atlanta this year and got to visit the Sweetwater brewery and also The Woodlands, their barrel-aging facility. Huge operation they've got going with some fantastic brews. Wish I'd have been able to visit more Atlanta breweries, but it was an awesome weekend.

Also knocked one off the ole bucket list, finally making it to Jester King just outside of Austin, TX, for a wonderful visit. It was everything I thought it would be and more. Amazing beer, great people and a really cool facility. Austin has tons of breweries and we only made it to a few. Looking forward to getting back to that city.

Got up to Springfield, Mo and hit one of my favorite breweries, Mother's Brewing, for my birthday weekend. New breweries popping up there regularly. Also made it to Springfield Brewing Company and Lost Signal plus Brick & Forge in Harrison, AR on the way home. Cool quick trip. 

My first trip every over to Oklahoma City allowed me to visit quite a few breweries I'd never been to before, so that was cool. A great beer scene is "brewing" over there. See what I did? Ha.

So anyway, here's the current list for 2018...


Abita Brew Pub Abita Springs, LA
Anthem Brewing Co. Oklahoma City, OK
Blue Canoe Brewing Co. Little Rock, AR
Blue Owl Brewing Austin, TX
Brick + Forge Harrison, AR
Bricktown Brewery Oklahoma City, OK
Brieux Carre Brewing Co. New Orleans, LA
Coop Ale Works Oklahoma City, OK
Courtyard Brewery New Orleans, LA
Flyway North Little Rock, AR
Fort Smith Brewing Co. Fort Smith, AR
Great Raft Shreveport, LA
Independence Austin, TX
Jester King Austin, TX
Lost Forty Little Rock, AR
Lost Signal Springfield, Mo
Mother's Brewing Co. Springfield, Mo
NOLA Brewing New Orleans, LA
Port Orleans New Orleans, LA
Prairie OKC Oklahoma City, OK
Prestonrose Farm & Brewery Paris, AR
Rebel Kettle Brewing Co. Little Rock, AR
Rough Tail Brewing Co. Oklahoma City, OK
Springfield Brewing Co. Springfield, Mo
SQZBX Brewery Hot Springs, AR
STATS Brewpub Atlanta, GA
Stone's Throw Brewing Little Rock, AR
Superior Bathhouse Brewing Hot Springs, AR
Sweetwater Atlanta, GA
Twisted Spike Oklahoma City, OK
Urban South New Orleans, LA
Vinos Brewpub Little Rock, AR

No comments:

Post a Comment